Engineering scholarships at UNC Asheville are merit-based and are intended to recognize significant academic achievement by students actively following one of NC State’s engineering curricula.
These curricula include the joint Bachelor of Science in Engineering with a Concentration in Mechatronics and those of the 2+2 Transfer Program. Students are eligible for scholarships after being active in the program for one year.
Submit your scholarship application by April 1 to be considered for an award in the upcoming year.
The following organizations have generously supported engineering programs on the UNC Asheville campus:
To be eligible for an engineering scholarship, a student must be enrolled full time at UNC Asheville (at least 12 credits per semester) and must follow an approved NC State engineering curriculum (2+2 or Joint BS in E Mechatronics). Students are eligible for scholarships starting in their third semester on. Applications will be accepted as early as midway through the students’ second semester.
One general application allows a student to be considered for all appropriate engineering scholarships.
Continuing students may reapply for scholarships. Continuing students must earn a 3.0 GPA in the current semester and maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA to be eligible.
Academic integrity will be considered.
Fill out the Scholarship Application form and submit it to the
address indicated by April 1 to be considered for an award in the upcoming year.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Award decisions will be communicated as soon as possible.
- Students must submit a new application each spring for consideration in the upcoming academic year.
Note: If the basis for a scholarship includes need, then the applicant must have “demonstrated need” on file in the UNC Asheville Financial Aid Office.
- The recipient must compose a letter of appreciation to the scholarship donor. The Financial Aid Office will provide address information and letter writing assistance if necessary.
- The recipient must attend the UNC Asheville Scholars Luncheon in October.
- The recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or better each semester to retain the scholarship.
- Scholarship awards are typically divided equally between the two semesters. If a recipient earns less than a 3.0 in the fall semester, the award for the spring may be withdrawn.
Send Applications to:
NC State University Engineering Programs Office
UNC Asheville CPO# 2360
One University Heights
Asheville, NC 28804-8599
Inquiries: Call 828/251-6640 or
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org